12.1.12

Reinaldo Arenas - Voluntad de vivir manifestándose

(Cuba, 1943 - New York, 1990)


Willing to live expressing oneself

Now they eat me.
Now I feel how they come up and pull out my fingernails.
I hear their gnawing reach my testicles.
Dirt, they throw me dirt.
And they dance, dance on this mound of dirt
and stone
that covers me.
They squash and curse me
repeating I don’t know what resolution that concerns me.
They have buried me.
They have danced over me.
They have flattened the ground.
They have gone, they have gone leaving me quite dead and buried.

This is my time.

                                                 (El Morro Castle Prison, La Habana, 1975)




Versión de Tom Maver


        ººººººººººººººººººººººººº



Voluntad de vivir manifestándose

Ahora me comen.
Ahora siento cómo suben y me tiran de las uñas.
Oigo su roer llegarme hasta los testículos.
Tierra, me echan tierra.
Bailan, bailan sobre este montón de tierra
Y piedra
Que me cubre.
Me aplastan y vituperan
Repitiendo no sé qué aberrante resolución que me atañe.
Me han sepultado.
Han danzado sobre mí.
Han apisonado bien el suelo.
Se han ido, se han ido dejándome bien muerto y enterrado.

Éste es mi momento.

                                     (Prisión del Morro, La Habana, 1975)


de Voluntad de vivir manifestándose, Adriana Hidalgo editora, Buenos Aires, 2001.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...